Cream puffs = fabulousness. And now, I know that they can also be easy, as in, E-Z. My mother made them, after being inspired by the $1.75 cream puffs at at Osaka-based Beard Papa’s in Aberdeen Centre. (And frankly, hers were better than those pros!!!) This post content comes by way of my mother. If I’m very lucky, maybe I can get other people to guest blog for me the entire year!
400 degree Fahrenheit oven
1/2 C butter (1 stick, unsalted)
1 C water
1 C flour
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1. Boil A (butter + water) in a medium saucepot.
2. Turn the fire low, add B. (flour+salt) Mix vigorously until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
3. Remove from heat. Cool for approx.5 minutes
4. Add 1 egg at a time. Stir constantly until smooth and glossy.
5. Scoop with ice-cream scoop into a muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes
6. Prick the puffs with sharp knife (or toothpick) to allow steam to escape.
7. Fill with whipped cream.
Note: this recipe makes 12 rather grandiose puffs. Would likely make 15 or more lesser puffs.